I’ve recently started decorating the house with cranberries. I have bags full in the fridge after working on a fun project for A Subtle Revelry. Have you seen her holiday magazine yet? I think it’s my favorite so far. Full of inspiration and bright white images—it’s a wonderland. I photographed and styled the cranberry feature—these sparkling tart yet sweet little gems included. I have bowls of them all over the apartment. Edible decorations. They have to be better than my normal mint m & m’s this time of year. Right? Head over to A Subtle Revelry to find more cranberry and holiday ideas. One more thing, do you know what to do with persimmons? I have 3 in my fridge. Help.
- 2 3/4 c. sugar, divided
- 2 c. water
- 2 c. fresh cranberries, picked through and washed
- In a small saucepan, combine 2 cups sugar and water. Simmer on medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool until slightly warm.
- Add cranberries to the sugar mixture and place in fridge overnight.
- Drain cranberries and place on a baking sheet. Slowly add remaining sugar a little at a time, shaking the pan in between additions to coat. You may not need the entire 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Allow to dry for at least 1 hour. Place in bowls around the house and serve for up to a week.
PS—Check out my post over at Mint today.