- 2 3/4 c. sugar, divided
- 2 c. water
- 2 c. fresh cranberries, picked through and washed
- In a small saucepan, combine 2 cups sugar and water. Simmer on medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool until slightly warm.
- Add cranberries to the sugar mixture, and place in fridge overnight.
- Drain cranberries and place on a baking sheet. Slowly sprinkle the remaining sugar over the cranberries, a little at a time, shaking the pan in between additions to coat. Note: You may not need the entire 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Allow to dry for at least 1 hour. Place in bowls around the house and serve for up to a week.