Promise me one thing this Thanksgiving—no cans of cranberry sauce. Deal? Let me return the favor by promising you—this is the easiest recipe. Evah! And people will actually eat it. You won’t miss the untouched cylindrical cranberry “sauce” fresh with indents from the can. I promise.
- 1 (12 oz.) bag of fresh cranberries
- 1/2 c. fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 c. water
- 3/4 c. sugar
- Rinse cranberries. Place in a saucepan with orange juice, water, and sugar. Stir.
- On medium-high heat cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cranberries will burst making a festive sound. The sauce will thicken while you joyfully dance around the kitchen, celebrating the fact that this took no time at all.
- Serve cold or at room temperature. Garnish with orange zest if you wish.