This is our favorite Sweet Potato Taco recipe turned frittata. A couple bowls and a cast iron skillet is all you need. It’s basically a one pot meal. You can pack in some extra heat with more chipotle peppers if you wish.
- 1–2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled
- 1/2 c. black beans
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/2 chipotle pepper in adobo
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/2 c. stock
- 1/4 sweet onion
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 c. + 2 tbsp. milk
- heaping 1/4 cup grated cheese, mix of cheddar and monterey jack
- 1 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Into a 10″ cast iron skillet, add about a tablespoon of olive oil. Heat skillet on medium heat.
- Meanwhile, dice sweet potato into 1/2″ cubes. For sweet potato cutting tips, head over here. Mince garlic and finely chop chipotle pepper.
- Add sweet potatoes, black beans, garlic, chipotle pepper, and honey (honey measuring tip) to skillet. Stir together and salt to taste. Add stock. Cover and cook until potatoes are soft and liquid is almost absorbed, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice onions and peppers. Set aside. Into a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cheese, and cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste, though you can’t really taste. (I salt similarly to the way I salt my scrambled eggs.) Set aside.
- Once potatoes have cooked through, remove from skillet into a bowl. Add about 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the skillet and sauté peppers and onions for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Salt to taste.
- With the heat turned to low, add potato mixture back into the skillet and stir to combine. Add egg mixture and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring only once at the beginning to evenly disperse ingredients.
- Transfer skillet to oven and cook until middle is set solid, about 20 minutes. Serve warm. Garnish with avocados and salsa.