Sun-kissed cheeks. Chalk-laced hands. Overgrown grass. The greenest of greens and the bluest of blues. Grill-charred chicken. Watermelon wedges. Paper plates. Impromptu dinners. Sprinklers. Thunderstorms. Skinned knees. Fireflies. Mosquito bites. Aloe vera. Light-hearted living. Late night sunsets. Water-beaded glasses. Cocktails on the porch. Cheers with your neighbors. Summer, I love you.
This post was created in partnership with Seven Daughters Wine. Add a splash of color and find Seven Daughters wine near you. Thanks for supporting our sponsors!
We still have boxes to unpack and closets to organize and a growing list of misplaced things to find. But life feels lighter. Maybe it’s because we’re all moved in, or because the city trash bins just arrived (!), or because the internet is finally hooked up. But I think its because it’s summer. And summer feels easy.
This Melon Ball Cocktail made with Seven Daughter Wine is just that. It comes together quick, goes down easy, and has that fresh glow about it. The melon lends a soft subtle flavor when paired with the white wine and hopping water. The spiked melon balls at the end are nothing short of a treat. (If you have little ones at your feet, save unspiked melon balls for them. Your status will exponentially climb.)
They say it’s the simple things that are best in this life. I’d have to agree. You can find me on the porch sipping on a Melon Ball Cocktail in a camping chair with my neighbor, looking out to the greenest overgrown grass. We’ll cut it tomorrow. Because summer’s easy like that.
- 6 melon balls (watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew)
- 5 oz. Seven Daughters Crisp White Winemaker's Blend
- 3 oz. sparkling water
- One hour in advance*, ball melons and place on baking sheet. Store in freezer to make fruit ice cubes/balls. If freezing longer than 1 hour, store melon balls in a freezer safe plastic bag until use.
- Into a tall glass, add white wine and sparkling water. Stir. Top with 6 melon balls and a handful of ice.
- Serve. Don't skip the wine infused melon balls at the bottom of your drink.