I’m gonna miss summer dishes that come together in the time it takes water to boil and pasta to cook. Dishes that only involve a couple chops and stirs. Dishes that are best when left uncomplicated, like this one. I’m not even sure what to call it. Quick Summer Pasta will do. It’s served us well this summer, again and again and again. It’s almost too simple to post. Then again, that’s the beauty of it. (Speaking of beauty, read on for a chance to win a set of two pictured handmade linen dinner napkins from StitchNY.)
I made a huge batch of this for the adults while on vacation with our family. The kids, who had their own pasta, were after it too. It’s a crowd pleaser. And coming together in under 20 minutes, it’s a cook pleaser too. You can serve the raw onion on the side if you wish, but just give it a chance. A little goes a long way. Between a sprinkle of onion and a squeeze of lemon, the acidity balances beautifully with the tomatoes and basil. Bookmark this for dinner tonight, then keep scrolling to enter the prettiest giveaway below.
- 8 oz. pasta
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. salted butter
- ½ lemon, juiced
- freshly cracked salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ c. cherry tomatoes
- ¼ c. red onion
- handful fresh basil
- parmesan cheese
- Boil pasta in heavily salted water according to package instructions.
- While pasta cooks, cut tomatoes in half, dice onion, and chiffonade basil.
- Drain pasta leaving a tiny bit of water left in the pan (about 2 tablespoons).
- Add in olive oil, butter, and lemon. Stir. Add plenty of salt to taste. Taste and adjust accordingly. Finish off with a crack of pepper.
- Toss with tomatoes, onion, basil, and parmesan. Serve immediately.
It’s not every day that you fall madly, madly (!) in love with dinner napkins. Look at that pop of color. Drool. Blair Moore, the genius behind StitchNY, makes these in her tiny New York apartment. They are crazy beautiful. The picture doesn’t do it justice. She’s given me an extra set of linen dinner napkins to giveaway. You’re lucky I didn’t pocket them for myself.
Leave a comment by telling me your favorite quick summer dish.
Giveaway open to all humans. Ends Friday, August 8 at 11:59 pm CST. Winner will be chosen at random and notified by email. Can’t wait? Order from StitchNY now.