Where there’s a will, there’s a way. And when your husband asks for that Catalina topped taco salad from his youth, you’ll find a way to make the dressing from scratch. Not because he asked. But because you’re anal and Kraft just wont do.
He might tell you to just go and buy the store bought stuff. And he might turn up his nose at your homemade stuff. But as soon as it hits his mouth, he’s happy, wholesome, and asking for seconds.
- ¼ c. organic ketchup
- ¼ c. white wine vinegar
- ¼ c. onion, lightly chopped
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. worcestershire sauce
- ½ c. canola oil (or other mild tasting oil)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a food processor or hi-powered blender (Vitamix). Puree until smooth.
- Slowly add in the canola oil and continue to blend until emulsified or smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use or store in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Leftover jam jars make great dressing containers. Shake well before serving.
- pinto beans, drained
- taco meat, prepared
- olives, sliced
- tomatoes, diced
- green onions, diced
- catalina dressing
- organic corn chips (fritos)
- Set out ingredients.
- Add your favorites to a salad bowl. No olives for me.
- And eat!
PS—Check out my post over at Mint today.