I had grand plans of posting twice this week. While on vacation. Ha! It’s now Thursday. And only by a Christmas miracle is this post live. I’ve been living it up responsibility-free for two weeks straight. Making these bracelets. And these cowls. Sitting by the fire with the A/C on (only in Texas). Sheer bliss. But it’s going to be a rough adjustment back into real life next Monday. Pray for me.
Speaking of sheer bliss, have you seen this sweet treat? It’s brought to you by my ever talented sister. A chocolate tart coated in a honey glaze and wrapped in a hazelnut graham cracker crust. And if you must, a dollop of freshly whipped cream. I must. A little slice of this is about as close to heaven as you can get. It’s dark, rich, and not overly sweet. With a touch of masculinity. It’s absolutely divine.
I’m still trying to convince my sister to go into business with me. She hasn’t taken the bait yet. Yet. Living in different states doesn’t help matters. But a girl can still dream. I see globs of baking sheets and cake pans in our future. Mini tarts, pies, and cakes. Chocolate croissants. Vintage modern decor. A name and logo just begging to be revealed. One day. But until then, I’ll enjoy this sisterly collaboration.
- 1 c. graham cracker, finely ground
- ¾ c. whole hazelnuts
- ¼ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp. confectioners sugar
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1¼ c. heavy cream
- 9 oz. bittersweet chocolate (no more than 65% dark)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. warm water
- 1 c. heavy cream
- Make crust. Preheat oven to 400° and toast hazelnuts for 8 minutes. Lower the temperature to 350°. Place hazelnuts on a paper towel. Cover with another paper towel and roll to remove shells. Blend in food processor until fine. In a bowl, mix together hazelnuts, graham crackers, cocoa powder, and confectioners sugar with melted butter. Press in bottom of tart pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Make filling. Bring heavy cream to a boil and pour over chocolate. Let sit for 5 minutes and then stir mixture until incorporated. Whisk in 2 eggs, vanilla, and salt. Pour mixture into the tart pan and bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool for 1 hour.
- Make glaze. Bring heavy cream to a boil and pour over chocolate. Let sit for 3 minutes and stir until incorporated. Add water and honey. Stir. Pour mixture over tart and rotate until the glaze has covered the entire tart.
- Make garnish. Whip heavy cream until just stiff. Garnish and serve at room temperature.
Recipe from Dulce Delight (how-to video included).