- 1 c. graham cracker, finely ground
- 3/4 c. whole hazelnuts
- 1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp. confectioners sugar
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 9 oz. bittersweet chocolate (no more than 65% dark)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. warm water
- 1 c. heavy cream
- Make crust. Preheat oven to 400° and toast hazelnuts for 8 minutes. Lower the temperature to 350°. Place hazelnuts on a paper towel. Cover with another paper towel and roll to remove shells. Blend in food processor until fine. In a bowl, mix together hazelnuts, graham crackers, cocoa powder, and confectioners sugar with melted butter. Press in bottom of tart pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Make filling. Bring heavy cream to a boil and pour over chocolate. Let sit for 5 minutes and then stir mixture until incorporated. Whisk in 2 eggs, vanilla, and salt. Pour mixture into the tart pan and bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool for 1 hour.
- Make glaze. Bring heavy cream to a boil and pour over chocolate. Let sit for 3 minutes and stir until incorporated. Add water and honey. Stir. Pour mixture over tart and rotate until the glaze has covered the entire tart.
- Make garnish. Whip heavy cream until just stiff. Garnish and serve at room temperature.