- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 c. potatoes (purple, fingerling, red), diced
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 c. vegetable broth
- 2 c. kale, chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 c. parmesan, grated
- 1/4 c. milk
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a cast iron skillet or nonstick (oven safe) pan, heat 1 teaspoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute for about 2 minutes. Salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Into the same pan, add potatoes, broth, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook over medium heat until most of the liquid is absorbed. About 10 minutes. More broth may be needed.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, parmesan, and milk in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper as necessary. Set aside.
- Once potatoes are tender, add in kale. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Combine potato/kale mixture and onion into the eggs. Stir to combine.
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Add egg mixture and cook until edges are firm. Transfer to oven and cook for 20-25 minutes or until firm in the center. For a golden crust, set oven to broil in the last minute.
- Serve warm. Leftovers can be refrigerated and reheated the next day.
• Onion, potatoes, and kale can be prepared the night before. Combine with egg mixture the morning of.
• Dicing the potatoes small and uniform in size will help to cook quickly and evenly.
• Kale can be substituted for spinach, broccoli, or another veggie of your liking.