- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 c. potatoes (purple, fingerling, red), diced
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 c. vegetable broth
- 2 c. kale, chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 c. parmesan, grated
- 1/4 c. milk
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a cast iron skillet or nonstick (oven safe) pan, heat 1 teaspoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute for about 2 minutes. Salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Into the same pan, add potatoes, broth, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook over medium heat until most of the liquid is absorbed. About 10 minutes. More broth may be needed.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, parmesan, and milk in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper as necessary. Set aside.
- Once potatoes are tender, add in kale. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Combine potato/kale mixture and onion into the eggs. Stir to combine.
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Add egg mixture and cook until edges are firm. Transfer to oven and cook for 20-25 minutes or until firm in the center. For a golden crust, set oven to broil in the last minute.
- Serve warm. Leftovers can be refrigerated and reheated the next day.
• Onion, potatoes, and kale can be prepared the night before. Combine with egg mixture the morning of.
• Dicing the potatoes small and uniform in size will help to cook quickly and evenly.
• Kale can be substituted for spinach, broccoli, or another veggie of your liking.
Just wanted to let you know that I love this recipe. I’ve made it 3 times already. Yummy, easy, and healthy!
Looks too delicious for words 🙂
I made this yesterday ~ for dinner! It was perfectly delicious and easy.
I love a good frittata and this looks bee-you-t-full ; )
Thanks for the inspiration Paula!! I basically want to make your entire blog 🙂
Hello again! Kale frittata is such a treat and I enjoy making it when I have a little extra time in the morning. Very nice recipe! I like that we have some common ground, since you too appreciate healthful foods – I am giving you the Versatile Blogger Award (you can see my site for details). Happy to pass it on, and have a great day!
Oh, Hun! You have me drooling! I love a good quiche! Also, I just read on Eating Well’s website that kale is a super food!! Not surprising, right?
Reblogged this on Pursuit of Ginger and commented:
yum! kale. delicious and sooo good for you. knock the socks of your next brunch guests 😉
Your photos are always so perfect!
This looks amazing — it’s so tall and fluffy-looking. Delicious.
AHhh, I love frittatas and this one w/kale looks scrumptious! My boyfriend is visiting this weekend, and I think I might have to make this for breakfast. Lovely photos.
Divine. Healthy and yummy. Simply perfect.
I came to your blog via old sweet song and the first post of yours I see is this kale frittata.
I love you already
Melissa, this looks amazing. I am one kale obsessed person. LOVE this!
Mega yum. Your Saturday brunch potluck is like my Sunday breakfast club, but boys are allowed and they do most of the cooking! Kale and frittatas totally belong together.
Mmm pure deliciousness!
Thank you, thank you thank you!!! what a great birthday breakfast idea….now I just need a way to get my husband to make it for me!!
Gorgeous! I made eggs and blogged about them twice in a week. Prior to that, in 3 years, never once. Lol
this looks perfect for our family!
This is going to appear in my mouth before I can say Kale Fri….
Frittatas are so good for brunch especially when they are full of deliciousness like kale!
I have been looking for ways to get dark greens in our diet. This will be perfect.
That looks amazing!! Great way to sneak some kale into a meal. LOVE!
I am jealous of this plan. My brunch with the girls consists of me making everything (usually takes up the entire day before). Everyone does bring bubbly which makes it better. But I’m thinking I need to get on your plan once in a while.
I love greens with eggs – makes them even more savory. This looks delicious! 🙂
This looks great!! It might have to get added to my Easter brunch menu 🙂