- 2 c. uncooked oats (quick-cooking or old fashioned work)
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. craisins or other dried fruit
- 1 tbsp. walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 c. skim milk (sometimes I use 2%)
- 1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce (jarred or homemade works)
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray muffin tin or line with paper liners and set aside.
- Combine oats, brown sugar, dried fruit, walnuts, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Stir.
- Combine milk, applesauce, butter, and egg in a separate bowl and stir.
- Add milk mixture to oat mixture. Stir until combined.
- Using a 2-ounce trigger release ice-cream scoop, add oatmeal to the muffin tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing, using an offset spatula to loosen. Serve or store covered in the refrigerator for up to a week. Heat for 1-2 minutes in the microwave.
• If you’re debating serving size—I eat 2 at a time plus eggs.
• Coffee pictured is from Fresh Ground Roast. My favorite roasters these days.
• Note: batter is soupy, but bakes up nicely keeping the oatmeal from getting too dry.