- 2 15oz. cans of cannellini beans
- 1/4 c. tahini paste (you can buy this at Whole Foods)
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil + more for serving
- 1/4 c.-1/2 c. water
- red pepper flakes
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Rinse and drain beans.
- Place beans in a food processor or high powered blender. Add tahini, lemon juice, salt, cumin, and garlic.
- Turn the processor on and slowly pour in olive oil. Process until smooth and thick. Add warm water to thin if texture is too thick. Cover and refrigerate.
- To serve, place hummus on a plate. Drag the back of a spoon in a swirling pattern around top of hummus (not pictured). Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes. Accompany with pita chips, naan, or flat bread crisps.
Recipe adapted from Food Network.