This is a hearty fall salad laced with flavor. Allow the kale to marinate in the dressing for additional flavor. Serve as the main course or as a side. If kale scares you, substitute spinach and skip the marinate time.
- 1/4 c. pumpkin puree (canned or roasted)
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 delicata squash, gutted and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- generous pinch of salt
- Make dressing. Into a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Whisk until thickened or emulsified. Set aside. Can be made in advance and stored in the fridge.
- Roast squash. Preheat oven to 425°F degrees. Place thinly sliced delicata on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt. Bake for 10-15 minutes per side or until golden.
- Assemble the salad. Meanwhile, make the salad. To a bowl, add chopped kale. Pour dressing over and toss. Kale should be liberally coated. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to a couple of hours. Just before serving, add squash, croutons, pepita seeds, dried cranberries, and feta. Serve.