- 2 1/4 c. all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 c. unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. confectioners’ sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- gold pearlized sugar
- 4 lollipop sticks
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks and almond extract and mix until combined. Reduce mixer speed to low, slowly adding in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Divide dough in two. Place on individual sheets of plastic wrap. Roll into logs, about 10 inches long. Place in freezer for 5 minutes to firm up. Remove and roll logs in gold sugar until coated. Return to freezer for 30 minutes or refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a Silpat. Using a sharp knife, slice dough into 1/4″ cookies (or slightly thicker). Stick a lollipop stick in the middle of each cookie. Bake for 12–15 minutes or until edges just start to golden.
- Allow cookies to cool for 3 minutes on the baking sheet. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to a week. Leftover dough can be stored in freezer. Slice with a sharp knife and bake frozen, adding 2-5 minutes to the baking time.