- 6 1?-slices of crusty bread (italian, french, challah…)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- dash of sea salt
- Heat cast iron griddle or pan to medium-high heat.
- In a shallow pyrex dish, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and sea salt until evenly combined.
- Add a tiny pat of butter to the cooking surface, more if not using a non stick or treated surface.
- Dip each slice, coating both sides, and place on cooking surface, about 2-3 minutes per side. (For extra stale or hard bread, allow slice to soak for 1 minute on each side.)
- Top with maple syrup, fruit, powdered sugar, nuts, etc. of your choice. Looking for other topping ideas? Try caramelizing bananas or shmearing orange honey mascarpone in between slices.
- Serving Size: 2-3