- 6–7 pears
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 c. + 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- 1 large egg, whisked
- Make one double crust according to directions or use a pre-made crust.
- Peel, core, and slice pears. Add in the rest of ingredients. Stir and set aside.
- Place one rolled out crust in pie dish. Add pear mixture. It should peak above the top of the pie dish. Place additional crust on top. For the braid technique, click here. For the stamp technique, click here.
- Brush crust with egg wash and place in freezer to keep cold.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Bake for 20 minutes. Lower the temp to 335° and continue baking for about 40 more minutes, covering the crust with foil once it begins to brown.
- Allow pie to set up for at least an hour before serving.