- 1 bottle of dry red wine
- 1 c. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. tequila
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1/2 lb. (8 oz.) strawberries, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- sparkling water
- Add about half of the orange juice into a sauce pan with the sugar. Cook on medium heat and whisk until sugar dissolves. Allow to cool completely. Stir in remaining orange juice.
- Pour wine into pitcher. Add tequila and cooled orange juice. Stir.
- Add sliced fruit and place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Serve with ice and sparkling water. Optional—garnish with lime or orange wedge.