A collision of savory and sweet notes, these muffins are perfect for a spring brunch.
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 c. unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 c. white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. flaky kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. pure cane sugar
- 1 c. plain whole milk yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- zest of one orange
- 1/2 c. orange juice, fresh
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- turbinado (optional)
- In a large bowl, melt butter. Set aside to cool. (To cool butter to room temperature more quickly, reserve about 1/2 tablespoon. Once butter has melted, stir in chilled tablespoon until melted.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Into the cooled butter, whisk in sugar, yogurt, eggs, zest, orange juice, and rosemary until well combined.
- Add flour into butter mixture and stir until just combined.
- Evenly distribute batter in muffin tins, filling about 2/3 full. Sprinkle with turbinado. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until just done in the center. Allow to cool for 3 minutes or so in the pan before removing and continuing to cool on a rack. Serve.
• If baking larger muffins, add 3-5 minutes to the bake time. If baking mini muffins, decrease by 3-5 minutes.