Fit for snacking or happy hour, these crispy spiced chili lime roasted chickpeas and are best served with a glass of Rosé. If you have any leftover (or self control), use as a salad topper.
- 2 (15 oz.) cans chickpeas
- 2 tbsp. neutral oil
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. lime zest (1–2 limes)
- scant 1 tsp. pure cane sugar
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- Prepare the chickpeas. Preheat oven to 400°F. Rinse and drain chickpeas, shaking off as much water as possible. Line the baking sheet with paper towels. Add chickpeas and gently rub until dry. Discard paper towels. Drizzle oil over dried chickpeas and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Assemble the spice mixture. Stir together all the spice mixture ingredients in a small bowl and sprinkle over the prepared chickpeas. Toss to evenly coat. Bake for 15 minutes. Stir. Then bake for an additional 15-20 minutes. Chickpeas are ready when dry and crispy to the touch.
- While the chickpeas bake, prepare the lime mixture. Stir together the zest and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside. Once the chickpeas are crispy and finished baking, drizzle with lime juice and toss to evenly coat. Sprinkle the zest and sugar mixture over top and stir to coat. Serve immediately with Seven Daughters Rosé.