- 1 c. pure cane sugar
- 1 c. unsweetened chocolate, high quality
- 1 c. water
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. peppermint extract
- 3/4 c. milk
- 2–2 1/2 tbsp. peppermint mocha syrup
- 2 oz. (double shot) espresso
- Make the syrup by following this recipe from Kitchen Treaty. Substitute peppermint extract. Store leftovers in the fridge.
- Heat together milk and syrup until piping hot. Pour into mug. Add espresso and stir.
- Top with marshmallows (or whipped cream) and crushed peppermint. Tip: use mini candy canes for the easiest crush.