- 1/2 c. unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. white whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 c. whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 c. (8 oz.) mascarpone
- 1 tbsp. orange zest
- 1 tbsp. orange juice
- 2 tbsp. honey
- dash of cardamom
- dash of salt
- Make crepes ahead. Add crepe ingredients into a blender and blend for 30 seconds or until evenly combined. Scrape down sides if necessary. Allow to sit for at least 15 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator. Batter and flavor develop over the rest.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Once warmed, add a tiny bit of butter to the surface. It should bubble and brown quickly. This will give your crepe a nice color. Pour a little less than 1/3 cup of batter onto the pan. The crepe should be thin. Slowly tilt the pan in a circular motion to move the batter around the pan. Once batter stops moving, place back on the burner.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Using a thin spatula along with your fingers, flip the crepe and cook for another minute longer. Stack crepes on a plate and repeat.
- Make filling. In a bowl, add filling ingredients and stir until combined with a spoon or spatula. Skip getting out your hand mixer. Over beating mascarpone will cause it to become grainy.
- Serve crepes warm. Fill with a small dollop of mascarpone. Fold over twice. Top with berries of choice and 100% pure maple syrup.