Open Faced Sammie topped with deconstructed egg salad. Save the stir-ins for garnish to achieve a beautiful presentation. Fit for breakfast or a fancy app.
- Prepare the pickled onions by following this quick pickling recipe at least 30 minutes ahead of time or 2 weeks in advance. Halving the recipe will yield more than plenty.
- Steam eggs following this recipe. It makes for the easiest peeling!
- Meanwhile stir together mayo, mustard, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Peel eggs, dice, and stir into mayo mixture to evenly coat.
- Toast bread. Top with egg salad. Sprinkle with pickled red onions, celery, chives, and mustard seeds (from the pickling juice). Serve immediately.