- 12 oz. whole wheat elbow noodles
- 10 oz. cheddar cheese + 8 thin slices
- 3 c. milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp. stone ground mustard (optional)
- 1 tsp. fresh cracked pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 4 tbsp. butter, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly spray 9″x13″ pan. Set aside.
- Boil noodles about a minute less than package instructions. Drain and run cold water over.
- Grate cheese and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, stone ground mustard (optional), pepper, and salt.
- Add noodles and cheese to pan. Mix together until evenly combined. Pour milk mixture over noodles until it reaches just below the top of the noodles.
- Top with cheese slices and thinly sliced butter.
- Bake for about 1 hour and allow to set for 10 minutes before serving.
• If you have leftover liquid, discard. If you don’t have enough liquid, add more milk to sit just below top of noodles.