Lucy’s Chicken Salad is oh so simple yet packed with flavor. She’s turned me into a mayo lover again. After eating it, I recalled watching Martha Stewart make homemade mayo with an egg and some oil. I eat eggs and oil on a daily basis, so I finally dropped my unfounded beef with mayo. (Jump to the notes for more mayo talk.) This is a great make-ahead meal for lunches, quick dinners, or picnics. Lucy serves her chicken salad with iced tea and sometimes half tea, half lemonade. I’ve included my recipe for that too.
- 2 c. prepared chicken
- 1 c. seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/4 c. high quality or homemade mayo**
- 2 boiled eggs, diced
- 2 tbsp. fresh dill
- 1 tsp. garlic, finely minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add prepared ingredients to a large bowl. Stir and serve. Store covered and refrigerated for up to a week.
- Looking to serve with the pictured iced tea + lemonade? Make 1 batch of this lemonade recipe and 1 bag of Lipton Iced Tea (1 iced tea bag + 2 cups boiling water. Steep for 5 minutes. Add 3 cups cold water.) Stir together and serve chilled for up to a week.
**Let’s talk a bit more about mayo. I used this recipe to make mine. Yes, I’m a bit leery of using raw eggs, but it comes together in less than a minute. How can you pass that up? (I don’t let the baby eat this yet.) Next time, I plan on using farm fresh eggs to ease my mind a bit. If this wigs you out, buy high quality mayo (it should only have a couple ingredients listed).