This large batch cocktail is tart from the lemon, floral from the thyme, and pink from the raspberries. It can easily scale up for larger parties and be made in advance. Note: this drink is on the tart side, which I love. If you prefer drinks less tart, start by adding in 3/4 cup of the lemon juice and tasting.
- Raspberry Thyme Simple Syrup
- 1/2 c. pure cane sugar
- 1/2 c. water
- 3 hunky sprigs of thyme
- 1/4 c. Driscoll raspberries, rinsed
- scant 1 c. fresh squeezed lemon (about 8 large lemons)
- 1/2–3/4 c. good quality vodka (choose your own strength)
- 4 Driscoll raspberries
- 4 skinny sprigs of thyme
- Make the Raspberry Thyme Simple Syrup. In a small saucepan, add the sugar, water, and thyme. Bring to a simmer and heat until sugar is completely dissolved (about 4 minutes), stirring occasionally. Once ready, remove from heat and add in raspberries. Smash and allow to steep for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the drink elements. Juice the lemons and measure out the vodka. Set aside.
- Once the simple syrup is ready, strain through a fine mesh sieve. Allow to cool to room temperature before using. To speed up the time, place in the freezer. Once cooled, stir together the simple syrup, lemon juice, and vodka. This can be made 2 days in advance.
- To serve, fill four skinny highball glasses with ice. Pour in drink and top with a raspberry and a skinny sprig of thyme.