Pesto made with almond butter. It’s as smart and creamy as it sounds.
- 2 c. basil, loosely packed
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1/3 c. parmesan, grated
- 2 tbsp. Justin’s Almond Butter
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- kosher salt and cracked pepper, to taste
- 16 oz. pizza dough, homemade or purchased
- 2/3 c. mozzarella, sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place pizza steel or stone in the oven, if using.
- Prepare the pesto. In a food processor or high powered blender, combine all pesto ingredients and blitz until smooth. Set aside.
- Prepare the pizza. Using a pizza paddle or the underneath side of baking sheet, toss a small handful of cornmeal onto the surface to keep dough from sticking. Toss or roll out dough. Spread a couple spoonfuls of pesto over the surface. Using the back of a spoon, spread it out evenly, leaving a 1″ crust. Add mozzarella and tomato slices.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until crust begins to golden and cheese melts.
- Allow to cool at least a minute before slicing pizza.
Homemade crust recipe coming soon! Looking for a good prepared crust? Julianna recommends Whole Food’s wheat crust. I second that. It’s super flavorful.