- Italian Vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic
- generous squirt of honey
- 6 cracks of fresh pepper
- greens of your choice
- english cucumber, chopped
- cherry tomatoes, quartered
- green onion, thinly sliced
- pepperoncinis, lightly chopped
- salted sunflower seeds
- feta or parmesan
- Make vinaigrette. Pull out your high-powered blender or food processor. Let’s keep the clean-up minimal by using the 1/4 cup measuring utensil for the first 3 ingredients. Fill half of the 1/4 cup with parmesan (that equals 2 tablespoons) and add to the blender. Add two measuring cups full of the oil and one of the vinegar. Semi-complicated directions, easy clean-up.
- Add remaining ingredients into the blender. Cover and blend until well combined, 15-30 seconds.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks in the fridge. Shake well before serving as dressing will separate and sometimes congeal.
- Make salad. Prepare salad. Use your discretion on how big or small to make the salad. Add all salad ingredients to a bowl. Just before serving, toss salad in desired amount of dressing. Start with a little. You can always add more. Serve.
Vinaigrette adapted from Brown Eyed Baker.