- 2 c. whole wheat flour or unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 c. natural peanut butter
- 1 c. maple syrup
- 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. coarsely chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl combine peanut butter, maple syrup, olive oil, and vanilla. (Tip: add a little olive oil to your measuring cup before adding the peanut butter. This will help it to release from the cup without sticking.) Whisk until combined and smooth. Pour the flour mixture over the peanut butter mixture and stir until just combined.
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop dark chocolate. Add to cookie mixture, and stir to combine.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, place cookies on parchment-lined baking sheets (about 1 heaping tablespoon in size). Place in freezer for 15 minutes to help cookies hold their shape.
- Using the back of a fork, make a criss-cross pattern in cookies. Bake for 10-13 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.