- 1/4 recipe of Avocado Cream Sauce from Foodie Crush*
- 1/2 recipe of Tomato-Jalapeno Sauce
- 2 1/2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 12 oz. Monterrey Jack cheese or a Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- about 14 small corn or 8 large wheat tortillas
- cilantro, for garnish
- Make sauces. Can be made several days in advance.
- Make filling. Saute peppers, onion, and jalapeno in olive oil. Add salt to taste. Mix together chicken, bell pepper mixture, and cheese, reserving a handful for the top. Steam or heat tortillas so that they are pliable. Add a couple heaping spoonfuls of sauce to the bottom of each pan. Fill tortillas, wrap, and place in pan. Pour remaining sauce over top. (You may have extra. Keep in fridge for up to two weeks or freeze.) Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place in freezer and/or give to a friend or new momma. Thaw before cooking. Bake on 375° for 25-30 minutes or until browned.
*I used less heavy cream and subbed in more chicken stock. I also subbed a clove of garlic for garlic salt. This sauce is rockin.