A riff off the popular anzac biscuit from Australia.
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 c. unsweetened coconut, finely shredded
- 1 c. rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- dash of sea salt
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. real maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line pan with parchment paper or Silpat.
- Place butter in a medium saucepan and cook until melted. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, stir together flour, coconut, oats, baking soda, and salt.
- Add sugar, maple syrup, honey, and eggs into the butter. Mix until well combined.
- Pour flour mixture into butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Using a tablespoon or .5 oz. spring release scoop, place dough on pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool on pan for 5 minutes before removing. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.