- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 1/4 tsp. parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1/2 c. half and half
- 1/2 c. white wine
- 8 oz. whole wheat fusilli
- 1 1/2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3/4 c. peas, frozen
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a 5-quart Dutch oven or large soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Cook for about 6 minutes, until the vegetables are softened but not browned. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add thyme, parsley, bay leaves, chicken stock, half and half, and wine. Bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and cook for 8 minutes more.
- Fold in the chicken and peas, and continue to simmer for another couple of minutes until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Discard bay leaves and serve.