- 1 large egg white
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- dash sea salt
- 1 c. + 2 tbsp. shredded coconut
- Jordan Almonds
- blue food coloring
- 1/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly spray mini muffin pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine egg white, honey, vanilla extract, and salt. Add in coconut until evenly moistened. honey measuring tip
- Add about a tablespoon of the mixture into each of the tins. Press coconut mixture against the side of the tin to create a nest, making sure the coconut reaches to the top. The middle should be hollow.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Macaroons will puff a bit.
- Meanwhile, lay almonds out on a covered surface. Add a drop of blue food coloring into a bowl with a splash of water. Using the bristles of a tooth brush, spray the eggs. Allow to dry before using.
- Remove nests from oven. Allow pan to cool. Carefully remove with a thin knife, separating from the edge (not so kid friendly). Note—macaroons will not come out perfectly, however this adds to it’s messy nesting quality. Reserve remaining pieces.
- Melt chocolate. Add just enough chocolate to the hollow area of each nest to act as glue. Place three eggs per nest.
- Transfer nests to freezer for five minutes to secure the position. Remove and serve at room temperature. Sprinkle with leftover coconuts shreds.