- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- a couple dashes of sea salt
- about 1 tbsp. olive oil
- about 1 tbsp. grated parmesan, finely chopped
- about 1 tsp. cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut sweet potato into quarters, first cutting it in half. Then, placing the flat side on the cutting board, cut down. With each quarter standing up and cut in half again. Place down on the cutting board and cut into fries (pictured below). Place on an unlined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with cornstarch, cumin, and sea salt. Mix together with hands until evenly coated. Arrange fries so that they are in an even layer, not stacked. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 30-50 minutes, carefully flipping fries every 10 minutes.
- Once fries begin to brown and crisp, remove from oven.
- Garnish with parmesan, cilantro (fresh or dried), and more sea salt, to taste.
- Serve warm with a squirt of organic ketchup (optional).
• Recipe easily doubles or triples. Increase pan size and baking time.
• Skip lining your baking sheet. Parchment paper seems to trap a lot of moisture. They brown very nicely against the hot metal pan.
• Cooking time seems to vary greatly depending on the size and freshness of the potato. Flip every 10 minutes. If cooking over 40 minutes, flip every 5.