Another 30 minute meal coming at you. This one is super fresh and raw. Almost like a salad but better. The coconut peanut sauce will make you forget you’re eating healthy.
- 6 oz. soba noodles (or whole wheat spaghetti noodles)
- 1/2 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced or shaved
- 1/4 c. frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 c. frozen edamame, shelled and thawed
- a sprig or two of kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- 1/2 c. light coconut milk
- 1/4 c. natural peanut butter
- 2 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime
- squirt of agave nectar (optional)
- green onion
- chopped peanuts
- Make soba noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and run under cold water until chilled.
- Prep veggies. Run peas and edamame under warm water to thaw.
- Make sauce. Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Make bowl. Layer with noodles and veggies. Top with sauce. Garnish as you wish and serve.
• If you wish to make this ahead of time, and store the sauce separately, add a bit of water to the sauce before serving. It will thicken as it sits in the fridge.
• If you wish to serve this warm, heat the sauce on the stove and add cooked and semi-drained noodles to the pot. Reserve some of the cooking water to help thin the sauce. The noodles will absorb the sauce more when warm. Steam veggies.
• You can easily save individual servings for lunch or/and dinner. Add the sauce to the bottom of your container. Then layer with the remaining ingredients. Add a bit of water before serving and stir to combine.