This recipe is courtesy of Joel Chesebro, head chef at Sub-Zero and Wolf, served to us on our trip (with hollow ice spheres that we smashed). I love the addition of cherry in this classic Old Fashioned. I might have finished Kev’s drink while he was in the bathroom, I loved it so much. Joel says you can serve it as is or top it off with some Club Soda.
- 2 oz. high-quality Bourbon
- 1/2 oz. pure maple syrup, or to your liking*
- 1 bar spoon Luxardo cherry juice (from the jar)
- 3 shakes of angostura bitters
- good ice
- 1 Luxardo Maraschino cherry
- orange peel
In a serving glass, stir together all the drink ingredients until combined. Garnish with ice (1-2 cubes or 1 round piece), cherry, and orange peel. Serve.
I usually add a little less maple syrup to my drink, but taste and add to your liking.