- 2 small clementines, peeled
- 1/2 ripe banana
- handful of washed spinach
- 1/4 c. plain yogurt
- generous squirt of honey
- tiny pinch of kosher salt
- a couple drops of pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 c. ice
- Into a high-powered blender, add all ingredients, starting with the clementines and ending with the ice.
- Begin blending on low speed for about 30 seconds to bring ice to the bottom of the blender to begin crushing. Slowly turn speed up to high and blend for about a minute or more. You shouldn’t be able to hear ice crushing and the smoothie should have a swirl pattern at the top, coming together and dipping in the middle.
- Turn machine off. Smoothie should burp (or a bubble should pop). Sometimes it takes a stern rock of the blender container for this to happen. If your smoothie to too bubbly, add a bit more ice. If your smoothie is too thick, add a bit more water. Note, consistency will vary a bit based on the size of the fruit and ice cubes, as well as the power of the blender.