Sweet and salty roasted chickpeas. A snack or a garnish? You decide.
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans)
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. honey
- dash of ground ginger
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas in colander. Shake to remove as much water as possible.
- Add chickpeas to baking sheet. Pour soy sauce, honey (see note following), and ginger over chickpeas. (Note: before measuring honey, pour a bit of oil into the measuring spoon first then add the honey. This will allow for an easy release from the utensil.) Shake chickpeas around the pan for an even coating.
- Bake for 20 minutes, tossing and flipping chickpeas a couple times throughout.
- Serve as a snack or a garnish.