I don’t know much about football although I grew up in a football watching family. But I do know that the Super Bowl is always the first weekend in February. Right? And that food, lots of food is consumed. And maybe beer too although I never jumped on that bandwagon. I’m a wine girl. A cheap wine girl. Sorry Dad.
I also know that my mom may make the best Seven Layer Dip this side of the Mississippi. And since she lives on the other side of the Mississippi from me, I think that means we have the continent covered. I’m being overdramatic. I know. But believe me when I tell you her secret ingredient will blow your football-watching, chip-dipping, crowd-cheering mind.
Off to buy taco seasoning. Oops, there went the secret.
- 1 (16 oz.) can of refried beans
- 2 (2 oz.) packs of guacamole dip
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 (1 oz.) package of taco seasoning
- 2 (10 oz.) cans of Rotel tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1 (2.25 oz.) can of sliced olives, drained and chopped
- 2 bunches of green onions, chopped
- 1 (8 oz.) pack of shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix together sour cream and taco seasoning. Set aside.
- In a 9″ x 13″ pan, layer ingredients starting with the refried beans and ending with cheese.
- For a clean presentation, wipe sides after each layer addition. Add small spoonfuls of the layer and carefully spread evenly with a spatula.
- Serve within an hour or two of preparation. Keep refrigerated.