Fireside reading. Coffee sipping. Sound sleeping. Card playing. Cooking and baking. Banjo Singing. Belly laughing. And resting.
I’m happy and home. Chewing slowly and tasting every last flavor.
Saying cheers and clinking glasses. And stopping to reflect on the last year. It’s these moments that I remember life is a gift—with all it’s trials, failures, and successes.
I’ll probably ring in the new year with this homemade cosmopolitan in hand. Mindful to savor its sweet notes and its tart ones too. Stopping for a moment to let it all sink in. This past year has been a gift with a couple more days to unwrap. Happy unwrapping!
- 2 oz. (2 parts) vodka
- 2 oz. (2 parts) homemade cranberry juiceor bottled
- 1 oz. (1 part) Grand Marnier (or Triple Sec)
- 1/2 oz. of lime juice
- squeeze of agave nectar, to taste
- ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to a martini shaker or a mason jar with lid.
- Shake for about 30 seconds or until chilled.
- Pour and serve.