Summers are meant to be simple. And light. And easy. And fresh.
They’re meant to press snooze one too many times. To stay up too late. To make new friendships and foster old ones. They’re meant to lose yourself. And find yourself all over again.
They’re meant for messy houses and staying outside too long. They’re meant for last minute meals. And scoops of ice cream piled high.
They’re meant for no-fuss, chilled, never cooked oatmeal in the morning. With a splash of almond and a handful of fresh fruit. That’s what summers were meant for. Recipe originally created for Mint.
- about 1/2 c. rolled oats
- about 2 tbsp. steel cut oats
- milk (cow, soy, or almond)
- sweetener (brown sugar, maple syrup, or honey)
- fresh fruit
- almond extract
- The night before, place oats in a bowl. Barely cover oats with milk. Refrigerate overnight.
- The morning of, add a bit more milk to achieve your consistency of choice. Add sweetener, fruit, nuts, and and tiny splash of almond extract for an extra surprise. Feel free to put your own spin on it.
- Eat while enjoying that extra bit of sleep you just got.