First of all, I need to answer the cupcake trivia question: Can you guess what we are celebrating?
Our friends Rob and Emily had a celebration party last night. Interestingly enough, they both had something to celebrate! If you haven’t guessed it already, Emily just finished taking the Bar Exam and Rob just matched to a Clinical Psychology internship, both huge accomplishments. So in the name of celebration, they hosted a potluck where you had to bring something psychoLAWgy related. I combined some design and cupcake baking to meet the standards.
Adding adornment to cupcakes can make all the difference. It heightens the cuteness factor big time. And we all know that when it comes to food, presentation is everything.
Here’s what you’ll need:
• Your favorite cupcakes cooked, cooled, and iced (I use this to ice cupcakes.)
• Heavy paper (I used a white linen card stock.)
• 1″ round design (If you have the right software, you can design your own. If not, you can use a rubber stamp or cool craft paper, etc)
• Cute cupcake liners (I picked up mine at Crate and Barrel)
• Craft glue
• Martha Stewart 1″ round scalloped punch
Here’s how to do it:
1. Design a 1″ round circle. I’d link a PDF of my file, but I’d imagine there’s not too many people looking for a psychoLAWgy cupcake topper. Place the design on the page as many times as you can.
2. Print it out on 8.5″x11″ card stock.
3. Use your scalloped punch to cut around each circle.
4. With a little bit of craft glue on the top of the toothpick, place it on the backside of the cutout and let dry.
5. Adorn your cupcake, and up the cuteness factor by 100%.
Tip: When using cute cupcake liners, they often times don’t look so cute after cooking a cupcake in them. Instead, use a plain white cupcake liner. When the cupcakes come out of the oven, add the cute liner on top, giving you 2 liners.
Here’s what it looks like without the extra liner. Where’d all the polka dots go?